Roland Fernandes, Executive Director
Roland Fernandes is the chief operating officer and general treasurer of Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church. He is also the executive director and treasurer of the United Methodist Committee on Relief. Fernandes has worked with Global Ministries in various capacities since 1995, initially as area financial executive in India and Philippines. In early 1997, he relocated to New York to serve as comptroller of the UMCOR and the Health and Welfare unit of Global Ministries. From the year 2000, Fernandes has served as the treasurer of UMCOR, the Health and Welfare unit and the United Methodist Development Fund. Since 2003, he has served as general treasurer of Global Ministries with financial oversight and responsibility for all entities within the agency. In 2016, Fernandes was elected as the chief operating officer in addition to continuing as general treasurer. In March 2018, he was named co-executive director of UMCOR. Prior to his work with Global Ministries, Fernandes was the chief auditor of the Methodist Church in India. He attended St. Xavier’s College, Calcutta, India, and graduated in 1985 with a Masters of Commerce degree from Calcutta University. He has been a chartered accountant, the British equivalent of a certified public accountant (CPA), since 1987.
- Roland Fernandes, Executive Director and Treasurer
- Jack Amick, Director, Migration
- Catherine G. Earl, Director, Disaster Response and U.S. Partner Relations
- Laurie Felder, Director, International Disaster Response
- Amy Fuselier, Director, UMCOR Sager Brown and Depot West
- Javed Sheikh, Finance Director
Board of Directors
UMCOR is a not-for-profit corporation whose directors are elected by the General Board of Global Ministries. UMCOR operates in a manner consistent with the policies set by the General Board of Global Ministries and in accordance with the bylaws of the General Board of Global Ministries and UMCOR.
- President: Bishop Thomas Bickerton
- Vice President: Sara White
- Recording Secretary: Katie Dawson
- Treasurer: Roland Fernandes (Ex-Officio)