Global Health | Health Systems Strengthening
Global Ministries works to improve the quality of health service and increase access to health care in low-resource settings through United Methodist health networks. The program uses the framework of the World Health Organization’s six health system strengthening building blocks to prioritize work, which is part of a larger strategy to increase community-based health education and development.
- Improve and sustain human resources in health.
- Encourage appropriate use of medicines and technologies.
- Facilitate the establishment of sustainable financing systems and improved affordability of health services.
- Support use of information systems to support evidence-based decision making.
- Boost leadership and governance, including empowerment and accountability, in health service planning, delivery and evaluation.
- Strengthen the physical infrastructure, operational capacity and sustainability of health facilities.