Is EarthKeepers right for you? Do you…
- Recognize the urgency of the environmental crisis;
- Feel a deep sense of God’s call to take bold action;
- Need to strengthen your organizing skills and deepen your theological resources;
- Want to join a broader community of United Methodists who are engaged in environmental ministries;
- Have some previous experience with environmental issues and/or ministry?
Participants must complete five hours of homework in the month prior to training. They should plan to commit 10 hours/month to their projects for at least six months following the training. Participants may join or help form a regional or online cohort group following the program.
Following training, EarthKeepers will receive access to an online networking and resource platform and can apply for small grants to support their projects.
Cost and Logistics
Training, food and lodging expenses during the training are paid for by Global Ministries.
Participants must pay their own travel expenses to and from the training as well as hotel incidental and parking (if used) expenses during the training. Local participants may commute to the training during the day and sleep at home at night.