Resources for UMC #GivingTuesday
As a passionate disciple of Jesus Christ, your participation is vital to living out God’s mission through The United Methodist Church. Every day you are giving light, giving love, and giving to a world in need through your prayers, presence, gifts, and service.
November 29, you are invited to come together with thousands of United Methodists to support the work of Advance projects and missionaries on UMC #GivingTuesday.
The Advance remains committed to sustaining a strong foundation that allows projects and missionaries to build relationships and empower their ministries. In the past, we were fortunate to offer matching funds to motivate giving. This year, while matching funds will not be available, we remain confident that generous supporters will continue their commitment to vital ministry. We have witnessed your ability to utilize The Advance to change your communities positively. To keep this momentum going, The Advance continues to allocate 100% of all giving to the designated project and missionary.
Please use the following resources in ways that work best for you. We would love to hear about creative ways that you are raising awareness and funds for mission — especially what you are planning for UMC #GivingTuesday. Thank you for your passion as we live out God’s mission together. Should you have any questions about UMC #GivingTuesday, please contact email@example.com.
11 Ways You Can Get Involved
- Identify projects and/or missionaries to support.
- Donate time, say a prayer, or create a non-financial way to support the missionary or project to supplement your financial gift.
- Include banners and other promotion on your website and newsletters.
- Insert a flier into your church bulletin and integrate stories of Advance projects and missionaries into meetings or sermons leading up to November 29.
- Take time for a mission moment during Sunday worship.
- Give children boxes to collect money and get them excited about the project or missionary they are supporting.
- Raise awareness about UMC #GivingTuesday through your annual conference social media networks.
- Take a “selfless selfie” holding a sign with a UMC #GivingTuesday graphic that says, “On UMC #GivingTuesday, I’m giving light, giving love, and giving life. Please join me by supporting __________________[insert project/missionary name] November 29. www.umcmission.org/give” Post these selfless selfies on social media and your website.
- Post a graphic from the resource page and encourage people to upload a selfless selfie using one of the graphics.
- Ask friends and family to make an early Christmas gift in your honor to your favorite Advance project or missionary project November 29. Or make a gift in honor of those on your Christmas list.
- Send an email to your community network asking for support for The Advance November 29, UMC #GivingTuesday.