This issue of connectNmission provides information about the many available UMC #GivingTuesday resources for use in advance of next week’s UMC #GivingTuesday, Dec. 1; watch a UMC #GivingTuesday video produced by United Methodist Communications, and learn about upcoming events.
RESOURCES: UMC #GIVINGTUESDAY, DEC.1 UMC #GivingTuesday is only six days away!
There is still time to help spread the word about this online giving event that will be sure to impact many lives around the world. Read some of these impact stories now to see how your gifts helped to transform or improve peoples’ lives over this past year.
- Visit the UMC #GivingTuesday resource web page, to find specialized toolkits designed for churches, missionaries, youth pastors, and annual conferences. The toolkits are also available in Spanish, French, and Korean languages.
- Use the First Sunday in Advent liturgy based on Psalm 25:1–10 for your church service.
- Download a children’s sermon for use on Sunday, Nov. 29, and for creative ways children can say thank you this season.
- Build teams to find creative ways to raise awareness and funds, choosing one or more projects to support. Register your team and tell us about your plans.
- Learn about the 10 ways you can get involved in this campaign, such as asking friends or family to make an early Christmas gift in your honor to your favorite Advance project or missionary on Dec. 1.
- Check out the UMC #GivingTuesday Activate Love campaign videos that highlight the areas of education, hunger, agriculture, and water.
- Use UMC #Giving Tuesday banners available in various sizes to promote this campaign through your social media networks, church bulletins, web pages, newsletters, and more.
- Get answers to some of your questions about UMC #GivingTuesday by visiting the FAQs page.
- Stay connected with us on Facebook!
On Dec. 1, United Methodists will again come together to support the work of Advance projects and missionaries on UMC #GivingTuesday. And once again, every gift made online through The Advance on Dec. 1, 2015 will be matched up to $1 million.*
* Global Ministries will allocate matching funds dollar for dollar up to the first $1 million in gifts to Advance projects received online on Dec. 1, 2015, between 12:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. CT. A maximum of $2,500 per individual gift to a project will be dispersed as matching funds. A project may receive a maximum of $25,000 in matching funds.
MEDIA: UMC #GIVINGTUESDAY VIDEO View and share the “Activate Love. Transform Lives. Change the World.” video produced by United Methodist Communications to encourage your family and friends to go above and beyond their usual giving on Dec. 1. Be inspired as you watch the images of lives touched around the world because of your ongoing generosity.
| December 1, 2015 |
On Dec. 1, United Methodists will come together to support the work of Advance projects and missionaries on UMC #GivingTuesday. Sponsored Global Ministries, individuals, churches, and annual conferences (regional offices) combine Advent and Christmas seasonal giving with global mission and outreach opportunities. The theme for the 2015 campaign is, Activate Love. Transform Lives. Change the World.
December 31, 2015
Global Missions Fellows applications are being accepted for the class of 2016–2018. The early submission date for applications is December 31, 2015; late submissions are due by March 31, 2016. Learn more about this program and how you can serve in mission.
January 28–30, 2016
Beyond These Walls 2016
Powder Springs, Georgia
Early bird registration is until Dec. 31.
Beyond These Wall 2016 will mobilize, revitalize, and equip congregations through "best of the best" missions teaching and training. Watch this video to learn more.
Images: Global Ministries.