Administration and Operations
The general administration and five units carry out the work of Global Ministries. The Board elects the general secretary, deputy general secretaries, general treasurer, associate general secretaries, associate/assistant treasurers, and assistant general secretaries.
Duties of the administrative staff are as follows:
- The general secretary serves as chief administrative and staff officer for the General Board. He or she administers programs within goals and policies set by the Board, and represents the Board to the church, ecumenical bodies, and the world.
- The deputy general secretaries assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the general secretary.
- The general treasurer serves as the chief financial officer of the Board, and staffs the Committee on Finance.
- The associate general secretaries assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the general secretary and shall be responsible to a deputy general secretary.
- The associate/assistant treasurers will be responsible to the general treasurer for administering the fiscal responsibilities and policies of the Board.
- The assistant general secretaries shall have administrative responsibilities assigned by a unit and shall be responsible either to a deputy general secretary or associate general secretary as appropriate.