Resources for UMC #GivingTuesday
On November 28th, you are invited to come together with thousands of United Methodists to support the work of Advance missionaries and projects on UMC #GivingTuesday. Connect your passion with God’s mission as you give to a world in need through your prayers, presence, gifts, and service.
Please use the following resources in ways that work best for you. We would love to hear about creative ways that you are raising awareness and funds for The Advance—especially what you are planning for the 2017 UMC #GivingTuesday. Thank you for your support as we live out God’s mission together. Should you have any questions about UMC #GivingTuesday, please contact email@example.com
11 Ways You Can Get Involved
missionaries and/or projects to support.
2. Pray, donate, and create financial avenues of supporting missionaries or projects to supplement your financial gift.
3. Include banners
and other promotion on your website, social media, and newsletters.
4. Insert a flier into your church bulletin and integrate stories of Advance missionaries and projects into meetings or sermons leading up to November 28. Share Advance stories in your enewsletter.
5. Take time for a mission moment during Sunday worship.
6. Give children boxes to collect money and get them excited about the missionary or project they are supporting.
7. Raise awareness about UMC #GivingTuesday through your district office or annual conference.
8. Take a “selfless selfie” holding a sign with a UMC #GivingTuesday graphic that says, “On UMC #GivingTuesday, connect your passion with Gods’s mission. Please join me by supporting __________________[insert project/missionary name
] November 28.” Post these selfless selfies on social media and your website.
9. Post a graphic from the resource page and encourage people to upload a selfless selfie using one of the graphics.
10. Ask friends and family to make, in your honor, an early Christmas/Advent gift to your favorite missionary or Advance on November 28. Or make a gift in honor of those on your Christmas list.
11. Send an email to your community network and ask them to support The Advance on November 28, UMC #GivingTuesday.