In 1965, The General Board of Missions of the Methodist Church (USA) purchased the land where this congregation was established. Since then, we have met in a temporary facility, an existing sales office of the developers. Constructing a church has always been our dream.
In 2000, we started to move toward the realization of the dream. Since then we have raised over $300,000. As of today all the engineering studies, architectural plans, and soil evaluations have been done. This last study revealed dangerous levels of lead in the floor of the old temporary facility. In view of this, there is an urgent need to vacate the building. At present, we have $260,000 in savings.
All the pertinent permits have been submitted. We are ready to start building.
Goals & Objectives
Complete construction of a church building to the glory of God and to continue following His commission of spreading the Gospel.
To better serve the flock He has trusted us and others who will join.
We expect that with Advance gifts, the following objectives will be met and we will achieve our main goal by 2016.
- To prepare the land lot for construction - this will include the installation of a drainage and water pumping system.
- To build the foundation, the rough concrete walls, and the roof.
1. Finish the process of obtaining all necessary permits in order to start construction.
2. Open a bid in order to choose a contractor and sub-contractors for the project.
3. Start land preparation, leveling, and installation of erosion control structures in preparation to laying the foundation.
4. Installation of water supply pipes, sewer conduits, and pipelines for the collection of rainwater used for irrigating shrubs and flushing toilets.
5. Construction of foundation and floor slab.
6. Construction of exterior walls and roof.
Our efforts during the last 12 years allowed us to raise a significant amount of funds to initiate the project.
We will continue using the same strategies we have used thus far.