How to Give
- Search to find the missionary or project you are interested in.
- Read about the project to learn more.
- Choose a way to give from the list below:
You can give to any of the ministries, missionaries and projects currently supported by The United Methodist Church through Global Ministries. Give online now.
Credit card gifts can be accepted by phone. The telephone number is: 888-252-6174
Make your check payable to ADVANCE GCFA. Write the name of the ministry and the Advance code number on the memo line of the check.
Send your check to:
Through Planned Giving:
P.O. Box 9068
New York, NY 10087-9068.
You can make a planned or estate gift in support of an Advance project. Please contact Andy, Corkill, Major Gift and Planned Giving Officer, for details: 212-870-3910.
By Church Offering:
Make your check payable to your local church. Write the name
of the ministry and the Advance code number on the check. Drop your
gift in any United Methodist church offering plate or give your gift to
your church treasurer, so that your church and annual conference will
get Advance credit.
The Advance insures that 100% of every gift reaches its intended mission or ministry through accountable channels you can track online.
All Advance projects are also eligible for Supplementary Gifts through United Methodist Women's giving channels.
IRA Update for 2014
On December 16, Congress passed the “Tax Increase Protection Act of 2014,” which includes the retroactive extension of a variety of expired tax provisions. This is expected to be signed by the President and enacted into law.
Included is the IRA Rollover provision allowing individuals age 70½ and older to make direct transfers from traditional and Roth IRAs to Global Ministries in amounts up to $100,000 free from federal taxation and income taxes under the laws of states that follow federal guidelines for determination of Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).
- This extension is only for IRA accounts and gifts completed by December 31, 2014.
- IRA Gifts must be made directly to qualified charities and not to donor advised funds, private foundations, supporting organizations or to fund gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts or other split interest gifts.
- If you have made a direct transfers earlier this year you are covered by the retroactive nature of the provision. Donations made this year will count toward their required withdrawals for 2014.
- If you have check writing privileges on their IRA accounts the most effective way to make this gifts will be to post a check to the address listed above.