Preparing to Apply
Thank you for expressing interest in the Young Adult Mission Service Opportunities.
The application is divided into the seven (7) major sections as follows:
1) A set of essay and short answer questions (view list of questions here)
2) A Self-Assessment Page (view self-assessment questions here)
3) A Personal Information Page
4) A Church Affiliation Information Page
We would like the name and contact information of any faith communities with which you have regular involvement
5) A Reference page on which you will need to provide names and email addresses of five (5) people who will serve as a reference for you.
The five (5) people should include:
i) Pastoral Reference (a pastor or leader of a worship community who is not a member of your family; for clergy, a district superintendent or bishop is also acceptable);
ii) Work-Related Reference (an employer, manager, or shift supervisor);
iii) Academic Reference (a teacher, professor, or academic advisor);
iv) A Colleague in a learning experience;
v) Personal Reference (a friend, colleague, mentor, etc.)
Your references will be requested to fill out this information (Reference questions PDF)
6) An Education and Work Experience Page
On this page you will be able to upload a recent resume, as well as provide us with information about your education and employment experiences. Please have names and contact information.
7) A Placement Interest and Dates of Availability Page
We would like to know in which regions of the world you have an interest in serving.
i) Africa, Asia and Pacific, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, North America, and Middle East and North Africa.
We would like to know which areas of service interest you.
i) Advocacy; Children/Youth; Collegiate Ministry; Construction; Community; Development; Community Organizing; Congregational Development; Criminal Justice; Domestic Violence; Education; Educational Research; Environmental Justice; Gender Justice; Global Health; Health Education; HIV/AIDS; Homelessness; Hunger; Leadership Development; Malaria; Micro Finance; Migration; Ministry with the Poor; Poverty; Prison ministry; Social Justice; Sustainable Agriculture; Trafficking; Workers’ Rights
While the application is on-line, we still require official transcripts (signed by the registrar and affixed with the raised seal of the institution) from each institution of higher education which has awarded you a degree. Transcripts should be mailed in sealed envelopes from the institutions directly to the Young Adult Mission Service office:
Young Adult Mission Service - transcripts
General Board of Global Ministries of the United Methodist Church
475 Riverside Drive, Room 300
New York, NY 10115
- Make an online donation to: #.
- Missionary Support Code:
- Track Gifts for Current Year. For previous years, please use Online Gift Tracking and enter for "Project Number.”
- Last profile update: 19 Nov 2013
Beware of internet property rental scams and other similar scams using missionary names.