A New Paradigm of Partnership
In Mission Together (IMT) is a global partnership network available to equip your conference, district or church for transformational partnerships in mission in the US and around the world.
Whereas a traditional approach to mission is often needs-based,
short-term relief, the new vision of partnership embraces asset-based,
long-term development. Partners commit to one another through an IMT 50/50 Partnership Covenant. It’s a sacred covenant to participate equally, 50/50, as the body of Christ by utilizing everyone’s skills
and resources. A 50/50 framework prevents dependency and fosters self-sufficiency. These principles address systemic issues rather than treating symptoms.
GLOCAL (both global and local) and equips you with core values that are cross-culturally appropriate for variety of
contexts whether in the US or around the world. We have a team of IMT Partnership Coordinators ready to assist you with training and resources to develop a 50/50 partnership within your community or another country.
One example of how the 50/50 covenant is changing hearts and minds is
through our collaboration with church leaders across the world to plant
new communities of faith. These Mission Initiatives
are unique in many ways, but mostly because they are places where The
United Methodist Church is new to the population. You can partner with a
church in a Mission Initiative country through the IMT Partnership Program.
How to Get Started:
- Download the 50/50 Partner Covenant, available in several languages. Read the guidelines and let it be a part of your discussions, in person or online.
- Choose a Mission Initiative country (right) and/ or
- Find out how you can be a part of this church growth and prayer partnership, contact an In Mission Together partnership coordinator.
- Attend an In Mission Together 50/50 Partnership Roundtable.
- Apply the core values of the covenant to your preparations, planning, and partnership. The attached resources, primarily books available online, represent the best practices in partnership. Download the 50/50 IMT Partnership Covenant 5 Core Values Resources List.
- Communicate frequently through interactive groups and worship. Download the IMT Online Worship and Bible Study Toolkit. (pdf)
- Make an online donation to: #.
- Missionary Support Code:
- Track Gifts for Current Year. For previous years, please use Online Gift Tracking and enter for "Project Number.”
- Last profile update: 21 Aug 2014
Beware of internet property rental scams and other similar scams using missionary names.