Advent and Christmas Resources
Advent, the beginning of the church year, starts on the fourth Sunday before Christmas. It is a time of preparation, anticipation, and hope.
Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, the "Light of the World." Epiphany, also called "Three Kings Day," is the climax of the Christmas season for Protestants.
2015-2016 Dates for Advent, Christmas and Epiphany:
- 1st Sunday of Advent November 29, 2015
- 2nd Sunday of Advent December 6, 2015
- 3rd Sunday of Advent December 13, 2015
- 4th Sunday of Advent December 20, 2015
- Christmas Eve Tuesday, December 24, 2015
- Christmas Day December 25, 2015
- Epiphany January 3, 2016
Liturgies and Music:
- Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgies, updated annually, include ideas for making an Advent wreath, devotions from missionaries and Global Ministries staff, song choices, and musical arrangements. Each article includes downloadable Advent Devotions for each Sunday in Advent and for Christmas Eve.
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2016
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2015
Explore and make use of these previous annual liturgies:
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2014 (Year B)
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2013 (Year A)
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2012 (Year C)
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2011 (Year B)
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2010 (Year A)
Advent Wreath Lighting Liturgy 2009 (Year C)
- For Christmas, read "Sing the World Round at Christmas" for more global song choices including the French song "Glorie à Dieu" and a song in a language spoken in southern Mozambique.
Christmas Around the World
Songs from many countries in nine languages and delightful rhythms,melodies, harmonies, and texts celebrating the advent and birth ofChrist, performed by the Robert DeCormier Singers.