Find the Resources of Global Ministries
Global Ministries hosts an extensive collection of primary documents, publications, and multimedia materials that reflect the depth and breadth of our projects and programs. Browse the following online collections to learn more about our activities.
For Worship: Hymns, Songs, Litanies, and Sermons
- Gather and Sing – Discover the resources of Global Praise, a program that gathers and shares music from the global Methodist connection. Browse the songbooks celebrating faith from around the world. Listen to 30-second clips from the songbooks.
- A Litany Symbolic of Global Diversity - The "Litany of Five Loaves" for the Service of Holy Communion includes five kinds of breads symbolic of the church's diversity.
- Global Song - Learn songs from several different countries, with lessons for congregational singing.
For Seasonal Events and Days in the Liturgical Calendar
- Lent and Easter – Locate dates and other resources centered on the Lenten season. Lent, which begins on Ash Wednesday, is a period of 40 days, not including Sundays, that precede Easter.
- Churchwide Special Sundays – Six Special Sundays have been designated to help congregations build communities, sustain Native American ministries, promote humanitarian relief efforts, advocate for justice, and fund scholarship opportunities.
- New World Outlook – The United Methodist Church’s mission magazine, available in print and electronic versions, publishes mission features and stories on in-depth topics.
- Newsletters – A monthly email newsletter, connectNmission, includes news items along with regular features. Read back issues of Background Data for Mission, a newsletter that shares useful statistical and demographic information.
- Research – Contact information to obtain church and community profiles, and a list of available documents.
For Watching and Sharing: Multimedia Resources
- Media Gallery. Browse webcasts, podcasts, and photo galleries which illustrate
significant meetings and services of Global Ministries, including photographs and video of the School of Congregational Development and the Missionary Commissioning Services.
Theology of Mission
The Mission Theology statement guides Global Ministries’ participation in the Missio Dei. The statement frames Global Ministries’ role within the denominational mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The transforming power belongs to God, and Global Ministries is in
mission to witness to what God has done and is doing, and to learn from
what God is doing in every land where disciples gather in the name of
Jesus Christ. Read the Theology of Mission.